Friday, June 23, 2006

Enjoy!



Isaiah 3:10
Tell the righteous it will be well with them, for they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds.


So I’m here to tell ya, it’s gonna be well. It’s going to be great. It’s going to be FANTASTIC. Life that is. Of course, this is a promise to the righteous. If you’re not running after God, you will still reap the fruits of your deeds, it just won’t be all that enjoyable.
I was sitting in my living room today thinking about all the stuff I think about when I’m sitting around. I was thinking about work and this house and the boys growing up and I said to myself, self, ya gotta lighten up a little. You need to just sit back and enjoy it.
So I took a little stock of some things I need to do so I can do just that; enjoy it. There are a few things that get in the way of enjoying life. Procrastination. Not being disciplined with myself when I need to. Petty arguments. Concentrating on the wrong stuff. And just getting plain old side-tracked with life. I have invented a saying, “Stop and smell the roses.” You may quote me if you wish.
If you’re having a hard time enjoying the view; figure out what’s in the way and take care of it. If you’ve been putting off doing the housework, get on it! If you haven’t called to patch up that rift with a friend, pick up the phone! If you need to lose weight/exercise/eat healthier...well you know what I’m getting at.
Life is for enjoying, get to it!

6 comments:

Margie said...

AMEN!

Pat said...

You're really good at inventing sayings...smell the roses...HA! Any other phrases you've "made up"?

tina fabulous said...

i think your roses adage worked out much better than your first draft of "stop and smell the irony".

and you can tell the Mr. that due to his bandmate negligence (i.e. not telling me that practice had been moved to aarons), the only way he may redeem himself is the purchase of a dishwasher.
only then will i be appeased.

Tracey, in MI said...

I was with you- till you got to the lose weight get healthy part.... ;)

Man- ouch. but ouch in a good way- thnx for the reminder.

JT said...

Man, thats good stuff! I think I always need that reminder...
p.s. my dear tracey, I'm with you on that one. I'm still working on that! :-)

MSU gal said...

We are all God's creatures...big and small.