Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Speaking of Dads...


My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, You're tearing up the grass. We're not raising grass, Dad would reply. We're raising boys. ~Harmon Killebrew

Father - to God himself we cannot give a holier name. ~William Wordsworth

Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. ~Ruth E. Renkel

A father carries pictures where his money used to be. ~Author Unknown

There are three stages of a man's life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn't believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus. ~Author Unknown

Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Mark Twain

“I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in fifty years what my father taught me by example in one week.”
Mario Cuomo

“I could just remember how my father used to say that the reason for living was to get ready to stay dead a long time.”
William Faulkner

“One of life's greatest mysteries is how the boy who wasn't good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world.”
Proverb

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
Theodore M. Hesburgh

It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.”
Anne Sexton

2 comments:

Tracey, in MI said...

Lets hear it for the Boys--- who will grow to be MEN! ANd who already HAVE;)

Darius said...

On the other hand, there are the fathers who move away to Florida...