Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Plan This







Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will...


It appears that my plan has failed. It was a good plan to be sure. I continue to theorize on where it all went amuck.
I was going to devote my life to teaching...
Having darling little girls...
After marrying Tom Cruise (kind of glad that fell through)...
Have a heart like Mother Theresa...
A wardrobe like Princess Diana...
Look like Jennifer Anniston...
And look what has become of my plan...

What’s up with that?
I laugh too loud. I talk too much. I say everything that flits across my mind. I eat like a lumberjack. I don’t like pantyhose. I want to live in sweat pants. My house is messy. So is my car.
I drink too much coffee.
I inadvertently gave birth to boys.
I became a nurse for crying out loud.
Someday me and God are gonna have to have a long talk about the plan...

6 comments:

Margie said...

You are Perfect!! Made in His image! We love you and are glad none of those things happened because you wouldn't be the wonderful, thoughtful, loud laughing, too much coffee drinking friend that you are. You wouldn't have the heart you do. God had His plan and how awesome is it that you listened to it and lived it!!

And you don't have a messy house... this is the way I look at it... I wouldn't want anyone to feel comfortable or intimidated by my home, so I keep it "lived in"

tina fabulous said...

you really dodged a bullet with that whole tom cruise thing. the combining of your names alone would have been a tragedy... saruise? tomra?

not cool.

Pat said...

That picture of you and the Mr. is scaring me. Please don't use that again.

tina fabulous said...

LOL... dang!

Tracey, in MI said...

hmmm as someone who thought I'd be a "dancing, princess, barbie, dr., NUN"..... (I was a kid--- what can I say?)

Close? Nope- well- I wear a lot of black... but thats about it.

anyway- I hear ya.

But with all those changes-- you'd think you'd have at LEAST gotten a dishwasher out of the deal... I'm just sayin.;)

Funniest part? I like God's plan better than mine;) well, mostly;)

KayMac said...

BTW, I think Diana had, and Tom, and Jennifer have dishwashers. I don't think Mother Theresa had one though.