Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sweet Baby Jay



Somehow, he’s eighteen now. Somehow the nineties came and went and he flew through elementary school and learned to tie his own shoes. Somehow he has a driver’s license and a draft card (I know, I know).
Somehow he snuggled on my lap for one last time but I didn’t know it was the last time, and I can’t remember it. Somehow he lost all his baby teeth and gained a mind of his own.
Somehow he learned to ride a two-wheeler and stopped liking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Somehow I’ll stop crying when I think about loving him so much it hurts.
Somehow he went from Jordan Trent Smith to Jordan to Jaybird to Jaybaby to Joe to Joe Joe to Jay.
Somehow my son grew up into a man and I am so proud of him.
Somehow God chose to give me this gift.
Happy birthday Jay.

Proverbs 15:20
A wise son brings joy to his father...

5 comments:

Pat said...

Happy Birthday to my JayBird. I can't write anymore because I'm crying from the joy you've brought me.
Love,
Grandma

MSU gal said...

Happy Birthday Jay,
We are so proud of your acccomplishments...plus
you have done a fine job
raising those parents!
Love you
Tee Tee

Margie said...

Happy Birthday Jay!

Pat said...

Dear Jay,
I've stopped crying, I think I need a chihuahua.

tina fabulous said...

one never stops liking teenage mutant ninja turtles.
they're heroes in a half shell, man.

happy b-day jay. you rule substantially.