Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cloverfield Project


On Friday evening, the Mr. went out to eat and then to the movies with his band buddies. They saw Cloverfield and Mac tagged along. The Mr. and I had agreed to see a movie on Saturday. I was only semi-interested in Cloverfield and so did not mind him seeing it on Friday.
So Saturday comes and I'm thinking we can see the Bucket List. However, Jay wants to see Cloverfield and the Mr. remains fascinated by unanswered questions. Mac is coming along for a second viewing as well for reasons that remain unclear.
So we saw Cloverfield.
Does the thing have back legs or does it drag itself? Does it's mouth open up and down or side to side? Where did it come from? Is it an alien? What were those smaller things? What happens if you get bitten?
We are consumed.
Well, some of us are. I fear a third showing is in the near future.
I keep telling the Mr., it's not a real thing. There are no answers regarding history or future. It exists only within the movie.
We remain consumed.

8 comments:

Trish said...

Sounds like my memories of you guys and Jurrasic Park!!
How many times did you see that movie?

Louise said...

I am in the dark ... what is Cloverfield????

Jada's Gigi said...

I'm up for the Bucket List. :)

Mrs. Mac said...

Well, it grossed 41 million this weekend ... but it would have put me to sleep ... as every other movie I see at the theater. Did you have nightmares?

Amrita said...

Looks like a monster. I like some monster movies...the special effects. The Mummy I like.

Louise said...

Okay, I am still in the dark ... what is Cloverfield???

Deb said...

huh?

Margie said...

I'm glad I had a girl... we just like to go see movies like "the holiday". I have no idea what Cloverfield is but Mac said in our Fuel meeting that a field trip was needed for the rest of the guys to see it.