Monday, January 28, 2008

Settling In


Well, I finally got moved into my permanent home away from home, my new office. I am working on a unit with patients suffering from depression. A bit of a departure for me. Although I've had lots of experience with depressed patients, I've kind of been drawn to more psychotic cases. Let me tell you, things are a lot quieter in this new venue!
My new office is awesome. Can't wait to start really settling in and making it my own. It was formerly a patient room so it's rather spacious and I have my own bathroom! With a shower no less! I don't shower often at work but it's nice to have options. I've a large L-shaped desk with matching cherry book shelf. I had my phone installed today but I don't know what my number is. My internet is not up yet but should be by tomorrow. I do not love the blue walls but I'm thinking with some brown accents it'll be oh so chic.
So I'm sitting there in my executive chair soaking in my fabulous office with large windows. I'm thinking, this is great! I am going to love this! Then I looked up. This is how you know your office was a patient room in a psychiatric hospital; the spitballs remain on the ceiling. I think I'll leave 'em. Nice accent.

P.S. Yes, it's happening again. Back to the D tomorrow!

Revelations 3:16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

9 comments:

Trish said...

As you sit in your Executive Office those spitballs will keep you grounded! [you won't want to
dance on those ceilings]
Wow! I would love my own office to decorate... brown accents will be just lovely!
Congratulations!
You deserve it!

Louise said...

Congratulations on your new office .. I'd have to remove the spit balls though.

Jada's Gigi said...

I'm with Louise..the spitballs would have to go. but sounds like you're gonna like this new job. Go girl!

MSU gal said...

Your own bathroom. Wow! I have what you psych folks probably call
"Office Envy!"
:)

Glad it's going well!

Mrs. Mac said...

Did they leave a bed in the room in case you need to take a nap? Congrats on the new office .. minus the spitballs.

Mrs. Mac said...

Please make sure you specify:

Going to the D
or having the big D

I'm confused ... (sorry sara ... just couldn't help myself ;)

Amrita said...

Hi Sara, your office sounds good and impressive.

I really admire your skills to deal with depressed people.

I 'm also not too fond of blue walls.

Does D stand for dance?

Sara said...

CLARIFICATION for those not from Motown: The D=Detroit. No worries, I made it there and back without incident.

Amrita said...

Ooo...what a disappointment i thought D stands for a Nurses Dance Social...just kidding LOL