Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Over

Lord willing, this is the last post about Mac's assault to which you will be exposed! I had thought about chronicling the events in detail but that's just ridiculous. I'll tell you why it's ridiculous, because as I was sitting in the emergency room on Saturday night praying for Mac I also prayed for myself. I had to ask God to dim the memories and dull the emotions of the situation or I might just lose it. And he did. So why in the world would I go back and dredge it all up? Nope. It's given to Jesus and over.
Officially over as of today. Mac went to employee health at Henry Ford main this afternoon and was cleared to return to work on Friday. His neuro checks were all fine. His knee is still a little sore but so much better, he'll just have another look at that on June 23 to be sure. His heart and mind are also mended. The work of God on minds and bodies...so miraculous and yet so easy to "forget" about as the rough patches are put behind us and he actually answers our prayers. The pain goes away and we move on.

Mac holds no anger toward his attacker, has forgiven him and is anxious to go back to work. I ask for continued prayer over the hospital and that when he has his next violent situation he will be filled with a sense of calm and confidence. I am claiming it now in Jesus name.

We sat on the back porch today drinking coffee and agreeing that God worked a miracle with Mac's injuries and that frankly, if you're gonna be off work injured; it's a really pretty day to stay home!

So no, you won't be getting the down and dirty on Saturday night. I'm not pulling it back close enough to share it. We are back to normal; laughing and relaxed. And there we intend to stay.

Grace!

3 comments:

Ginger Kauffman said...

Sara, your blog is always a joy to read. Praise the Lord for His good work in Mac and your whole family. And thank you for giving Him glory.

Unknown said...

God is soooooooooooo good and you are so right my friend.

Margie said...

I'm thankful you didn't share. I don't want to know. what I do know is that God is good, Mac is safe and so are you (CLAIMING IT!).

loveyou both!