Friday, June 17, 2011

Patio~

I have a tendency not to take my vacation time at work and this year I decided to amend that. I am using my time on these rare wonderful summer days mostly to either work in the yard or just plain relax. As you know we started working on our patio in May. Well, not actually working so much as planning. This is the area directly behind our house and where said patio was to be placed.

This has been a weekend warrior job mixed in with a few of those vacation days I spoke of. Make no mistake, the Mr. and Mac have been the muscle. I've just taken the pictures and made stuff pretty. After all, a person needs a pleasant place from which to drink coffee and give "helpful hints."










We plan for the landscaping of this half of our yard to continue into next year because we ain't rich and there really are a limited number of vacation days available. Happily, the biggest phase is done...pavers complete!










Ain't they purty? No, we didn't end up with my scattered old stones with grass growing between them. That's ok, I still plan on using that kind of idea as a stone pathway in my garden nook...but probably next year. That will be here...to the left of the deck (looking from the patio.)






The Mr. is off to get the stone that will trim the edges of the patio. In the meantime, it's me and my coffee enjoying the flowers and the progress so far and the dreams of what's yet to be.
Yellow poppy in my grampa's old cement planter on the porch step.













2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job, you deserve to be very proud of it.

Trish said...

Oh, it is so purty! Don't be surprised to find me and my Timmy's sitting out there one morning!