Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back to life!

How quickly the past few months have gone.  In October I had my first consultation regarding my breast reduction and today I am post surgery and scheduled to return to work tomorrow.  In truth, I feel that it's premature to go back but the doctor has cleared me and I know my absence is a burden on others who have to cover me.  So back I'll go, keeping in mind that if I can't manage it I will have to reconsider what is best for my recovery. 
I've had lots of time to be quiet, meditate and pray during this two weeks after surgery.  That's always a good thing, even if it's in the midst of illness or pain.  Even while the body isn't at its best, the spirit has limitless potential for healing and strength. 
It is also no surprise that I am re motivated for dieting!  I've known good and well that I need to get my body into better shape, but without the sisters looming over my belly, there's no denying that my waist line is a waste land.  In my former life as a Weight Watcher, one of my constant frustrations was that even having lost 100 pounds, there was nothing to do about my bust line.  So clothes just didn't fit correctly and some items were just not an option.  Now that I can actually achieve a properly proportioned body, I am hoping that I will find the inspiration I need to do the work that I need to do.  If you're a well-endowed woman, you know what I mean when I say that working out is even more difficult because you can't find a proper sports bra.  So at the very least, I've no excuses!  In a few months I'll be cleared for all activities and if I'm smart by that time I will have made some significant changes in the way I eat.  One day at a time~
Back to work and prayerfully, I will find that the return to normalcy is exactly what's needed to feel stronger.  Blessings on you!

Update: I had to drive the Mr.'s Flex to work today since I am unable to pull myself up into my truck but I done did it. I worked five hours without any real issues other than starting to get tired and a little achy toward the end. I'm going to take a shower and change in to pajamas for the evening and relax. Thank you for your prayer as I work on getting back into the swing of things!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Praying for you as you return to work today. Go slow and easy...it's ok to be a turtle today! I had a friend who had the reduction surgery. It took a few weeks for the swelling to completely subside, but after it did, she was like a new woman! Immediately she went dow 2-1/2 sizes! It was an amazing thing to observe. Can't wait till you get to take your first shopping trip post-surgery! I love you, sweet Sara. Have a good day and BE CAREFUL, please?! ;-)

Debra said...

Yay! Back to life is good. Very good, and I'm praying you'll continue to heal and rejoice. Blessings, Debra