Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Quiet Eve

So New Year's Eve is upon us once again. They come quickly, don't they? I'm sure you're wondering what my plans are. Same thing as every year, nada.
We always spend New Year's Eve quietly at home. We make something yummy for dinner, this year the Mr. is making pork loin and red skin potatoes. I'm working so he's in charge of supper. Mac is chaperoning a ski trip for our church youth so he's out of town. Jay is staying home with us and looking forward to overeating. Will we watch the ball drop at Times Square? I'm gonna guess no.
For me there is something lovely about being home on such a busy night. It seems luxurious to plan on pajamas and a delicious meal. This week launches 2008 and with it come changes for me that I'm sure I'll be sharing as time goes on. It feels laden with promise, this new year.
Wherever you plan on being with 2007 finally goes to sleep, I wish you well.
As for me, I welcome another season.

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

4 comments:

Louise said...

Your new year's eve sounds like ours. Home. Safe. Good food. Sweats. In bed by 10pm at the latest for me. Fred stays up to watch TV.
I too welcome another season.

Jada's Gigi said...

had a day exactly like that today...except I made dinner and it was chicken..:) but quiet and PJs...ummm yep...
New seasons are what God is all about..He never sleeps nor slumbers...and rarely sits still at all...so hang on, sista.

Trish said...

Are you in your pajama's yet?
Hope you enjoyed the pork loin and taters!
I'm in my sweats, had a huge salad for supper.
Enjoy your night at home, safe and quiet...with just the guys.
Another season is just over the horizon!!

MSU gal said...

we are goin' quiet over here too!

Happy New Year you four!

We love you!