Tuesday, December 04, 2007

When My Soul Is Resting In The Presence of The Lord

One of the great joys of Christianity is simple satisfaction. There is a knowing within me that whatever desires are left unfulfilled are only waiting to be given to me in heaven. There is receiving the grace that covers over sin that I cannot pay for.

There is a settling in me that I know is the Holy Spirit washing over me with peace. There is the release of my sadness, burdens and disappointments to the One who loves me more than I can comprehend. And there is knowing that He will take every sorrow and care for it with tenderness.

I think that I am learning more to live in the deep satisfaction of salvation. I snuggle up with Donny the Dog and find satisfaction in knowing that even this pooch is a gift for my pleasure. I do not struggle against my own inadequacies with panic because I am satisfied that God is great enough to fill in when I fall short. When people disappoint me, I am satisfied in Christ because his love is enough to compensate for my frustration.

And perhaps the greatest satisfaction is knowing that my ways are guided by Jesus. Left to myself I stumble through life rather clumsily. But God in me nudges me in better directions. So I am satisfied with my days. Best of all, when I sin, the Lord is satisfied with the blood of Christ as payment.

There is nothing left out of my life as I give it all to the Lord for him to sort and return to me only the best. When he takes away something I thought I wanted, I am satisfied that his wisdom is perfect.

I am not rich, beautiful or wise. I am not talented, strong or brave. But I am right before God through the sacrifice of Jesus which I have accepted. And I am satisfied.


Pslam 145:16 You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.


5 comments:

Louise said...

There is no better place to be than resting in the presence of the Lord. And, to know there is no place we can go that He is not there is such comfort. Salvation is a gift that lasts for eternity and how do we measure that? "He is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." John Piper said that years ago and I pray it stays with me always.

Grace to you my dear friend.

Deb said...

interesting post --spoke closely to what's been on my heart lately --resting in Jesus --only Jesus!

...how did it go this evening at your meeting? Can't wait to hear the good report!

liv319 said...

Fantastic message today, Sara. I cant tell you how much it spoke to my heart. God Bless!

Terry said...

Thinking about you this morning Sara...
What a beautiful post you mom has. I can see where you get your writing ability from.
Two a kind, you surely are!...Love Terry

KayMac said...

i was just thinking of "contentment" issues...so this was timely.

also waiting to hear how last night went.

you ARE brave and strong, and beautiful and wise....and I am celebrating b/c I know you are all those b/c He IS! as for rich...my life is richer b/c of the way you teach me and glorify our Lord! Winning lottery tickets would also be fun tho! Oh wait, I need to go back and reread your post...lol