Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vacation Countdown

I'm afraid I don't have much interesting to say today because I am preoccupied with our upcoming annual anniversary trip! We are taking off this weekend for Marshall and the bed and breakfast we've spent the last few anniversaries at. Only three more days of work and then I'm on vacation for five whole days, yahoo!
This year we celebrate twenty two years of marriage and twenty six years as a couple although our going steady anniversary isn't until November 19. Halloween marks the anniversary of when, in 1982, I hosted a party for our church's youth group just to get the guy over to my house! Since we were going steady nineteen days later, I guess it was a success.
My friends are sure I'm getting a third ring like the other two. Any bets?
1 Chronicles 16:12 Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth...


Pic: Lobby of the National House Inn Bed & Breakfast in Marhall, Michigan where we spend our anniversary every year.



6 comments:

Deb said...

Enjoy your anniversary trip!

I predict you'll be getting a sock monkey.

Deb said...

.....cause I donated the socks.

;)

Mrs. Mac said...

ring, ring, ring ... eh, what'ja'say sista ... something about a third ring? (Oh, you mean anniversary ring;) What? Were you in junior high or something when you hosted the 'said' party? Does your mom know you two were going steady only 19 days later (Oh My ;)

Amrita said...

Have a good vacation

KayMac said...

Happy Anniversary (almost)!!!

Margie said...

see ya there! Ha!