Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wasted Evening


At 7:30 this evening, I gave up all intentions of being productive before going to bed. I have been so incredibly tired this week although I'm getting plenty of sleep. I'm off tomorrow after being either at the hospital or on call for 10 days straight and there's lots to do around here. Tomorrow evening we're going out to dinner with our friends so all day long I planned to come home tonight and do a large portion of my housework. Dean's at practice so it's a good time to get a jump start. With company coming in the evening and surgery next week I absolutely must have this house in order. Well the best laid plans....
I went to the library last night to stock up on books and my friend at work gave me two books as a recovery gift. It's pretty cool out there for June and rainy. And did I mention I am so very tired? So I give up. I'm wasting my evening by crawling into bed with my books. No one's home but me. The rain is falling and my bedroom window is open wide. I've turned up my electric blanket and I am no longer pretending to that I'm going to do housework.
I'm going to read and sleep. Tomorrow morning will come soon enough. And the housework always gets done. But quiet rainy evenings with a stack of books and a very tired body sometimes need attention too.
Tomorrow morning I will absolutely do my chores!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I love the sound of that....resting with a good book, under warm covers, cool air blowing in from the open window....ahhhh, enjoy!

Louise said...

Take advantage of the time to rest. This has indeed been a good day to read and rest.