Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I have been on my own blog about half a dozen times since I got home from work feeling like I wanted to post something and having nothing to say. But here I am again and I think on this seventh try I know what I need to say. I need you to pray with me for Dean's mom & dad's move to Michigan.
Our relationship with them was strained in the early years of our marriage and then distant after they moved south. Now in these last several months their needs and our relationship is changing quickly. Where once we were at arm's length and spoke rarely we are now getting several phone calls a week. And in between, we are calling them. Where once they would visit Michigan without telling us they were here, Dean's mom is asking to speak with me about her health and their plans. Dean's dad is deteriorating quickly. He wandered away from the house while she napped and drove to town. He doesn't recognize their home. He is focused on fear of being put "in a home." This would be difficult enough under the best circumstances but Dean's mom isn't well either.
So they've garage saled many of their excess belongings and in the last week of October we will drive to Alabama to bring them home. They'll move into a senior citizen's apartment complex. There are many things that will arise that we aren't prepared for I am sure. In the meantime there are specific needs. Even if you'd just choose one from the list and intercede for God's grace it would be so appreciated.
1. That their home in Alabama would sell before the move.
2. That Dean's dad's Alzheimer's would level out.
3. That Dean's mom's health would stabilize.
4. That I would have wisdom as I try to find them health care.
5. That we would find a wonderful physician to care properly for them.
6. That any fear, depression or anxiety either of them are experiencing would be healed.
7. That we would care for them in love and they would receive it as love.
8. That we would be wise, strong and gracious.
9. That the Lord would send his Holy Spirit to dwell in their new home, that they would feel his presence when they step through the door.
10. That God will be glorified.