Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Guess what?




We had a wonderful day yesterday in Frankenmuth. We didn't go up and down main street or to Bronners, just hit a few stops we all wanted to visit (Like the Cheese Haus and the Fudge Haus!) We didn't want to get home late and exhausted but to have just a day trip and home early enough to enjoy the evening. We enjoyed the traditional family chicken dinner together and guess what? Guess! Ok, never mind! I downloaded a coupon for 1/2 off of a family chicken dinner with the purchase of one full price (limit one to party of eight.) Well the sweet waiter guy gave us half off of two of our meals which made for quite a savings!
After the fudge and cheese we walked around the shops on the river for just a bit and then headed home, stopping at the Birch Run Outlet Mall. Jay and the Mr. got new Fossil watch faces and guess what? Guess! Ok, never mind! They have a Coleman outlet there! This is significant because Mac wears Coleman watches because they are the only ones that fit around his massive wrist. Unfortunately, Target no longer carries Coleman watches. So we were very happy to find a watch for him.
On an unrelated note, I am watching Night Must Fall on TMC as I write this. One of my favorite things about old movies is that the outdoor scenes. The imperfect grass and dusty roads and big old trees. I consider the outdoors entirely too manicured in the present time. I like lawns with patches of crabgrass and dandelions shooting up here and there. I like big old leaning trees which are almost always mown over when new houses are built. I like patches of flowers or hosta growing up where they don't belong because seeds blew around and took root. I even like dusty walkways and roads. I know, it's weird but there you have it. Surely, you are not surprised. :)
What other mishmash shall I tell you about before I get on with my day? I want a chronological Bible, which is something I'm not sure I was aware of before but now I must have one. A few people online have mentioned theirs and now, I neeeeed one!
As for the Methodist, to whom we refer as the Mitford Methodists (we being my mom and myself), we were unable to attend last Sunday as I was working but guess what? Guess! Ok, never mind! I....I....I missed going to church! Can you imagine? Well, you probably can but for me, this is quite extraordinary. I work this Sunday as well but I will be there the following week and I'm filled with a sweet happiness as I look forward to returning to Good Shepherd.
If you are still hanging around reading, bless your heart. I'm going to have another cup of coffee and listen to the rain fall as I start my morning. If you're wondering what to blog about, I recommend rambling aimlessly. Look how well it works for me.






5 comments:

Margie said...

do you have a nook or a kindle? I think I have a chrono on my nook. I could 'lend it' to you but I never want it back. I have a paper one, that I'd give you, however, i spilled iced tea all over it and i've written in it, so I am sure you don't want it. Thanks for the ramblings, I think I've rambled a lot...

Jada's Gigi said...

The Chronological bible is da bomb! So...you missed church...that is very interesting indeed....I wonder if I would miss it if I visited a sweet little denominational chapel....hmmmm...I've been thinking....still am thinking....

Pat said...

I missed church too. I missed the sweet spirit in that little sanctuary. I wonder how long it will be before I'm able to go again?
Sounds like a good Frankenmuth day. Glad you all got to spend it together, that's a rare thing when kids are grown and all work!

Trish said...

I love Frankenmuth and their winner, winner Chicken Dinner!
I just added a Chronological Bible to my Kindle. Somehow, it doesn't feel like I'm holding a Bible in my hands.
Think I'm still on the fence about my Kindle...it is convenient for travel though.
I love you buddyroe!

donna said...

can't wait to do Frankenmuth again. It's a blessing when one understands rambling...thanks for blessing me.