Monday, January 16, 2012

Today



First let me say, I am grateful for the work of Martin Luther King Jr. My generation grew up under the shadow of racism that was an iron fist for the generations before. My children are living in a different world. In so many ways, it is not a better world. But in this thing, this ugly and evil thing...they live in a better world. For this, I thank God.
The Mr. and Jay have the day off for MLK and I have the day off as my regular day off. So Mac took the day off and we made an impulsive decision last night to head to Frankenmuth for the day! We're picking Jay up at his house shortly so I'm on the run but I knew you'd want to know!
Whatever your plans today, I challenge you to stop and give time to God and ask him to reveal in your heart any wicked way and to give you the courage to say, "create in me a clean heart, oh God." It was such wisdom that changed this nation a half century ago and if we too are brave enough to continue to seek clean hearts; we can make a better life for the generations yet to come.

Create in me a pure heart, Oh God, and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

No comments: