Wednesday, April 05, 2006

...And Give You Peace

I have so many needs, wants and wishes. Material, emotional and spiritual. I sit here thinking about what I want God to do in my heart today. I don’t want to go to bed tonight no closer to Him than I am right now.
I want the same for you. A personal moment, a shift of the heart, a lamp stand in the worried mind. God moments I guess they’re called. I don’t know what you need right now. You might need money to hang on to your home. You might have a sick child that you’re begging God to touch. You might have a troubled marriage, an elderly parent or a terrible job that is breaking your spirit.
My kids just called to say that they got into a car accident on the way to school. I answered the phone about fifteen minutes after they had left. Fifteen minutes during which I had been grousing about not feeling well and needing to do laundry. Fifteen minutes of sighing as I swept the kitchen floor and made a cup of coffee. Then the phone rang.
“Mom, we just got hit.”
They’re fine. Tail light and bumper are not. It’s ok.
Just a little reminder of the God who already knows what’s needful. Who already went ahead to set angels around us. Who answered the prayer I didn’t know I needed to pray.
I wish for you today the reminder that God is at the center of it all. I want us both, us all; to have that sweet awareness of God in us, before us and for us.
As we all walk through our separate days and live our different lives, let us all claim the blessing of ancient believers...

Numbers 6:25-27 (New International Version)
25 the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." '

2 comments:

Margie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KayMac said...

so glad your kids are ok.