Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Am Today


Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Dear Person,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am your new day. I am 24 hours long. I contain 1,440 minutes and 8,640 seconds.
Although it is common to confuse us, I am not my sibling yesterday. I have no influence on yesterday.
I come pre-equipped with standard options should you choose to use them. I recommend immediately initiating mercy, hope, prayer and requesting forgiveness from my creator, God.
I have been customized to your particular situation and needs by my creator as well. Many of my specific components result from your use of yesterday and so, yesterday does indeed influence me. It is true that I may contain some unpleasantness as a result of yesterday. If so, it is recommended that you use the prayer option to maximize the hope option.
I also offer unwise choices, although I wish I didn’t. This is a result of free will, installed in you by your creator, who is also God. Should you so choose, I will bend to your free will even if it is not good for us.
Speaking of free will, my younger sibling tomorrow will be arriving at twelve midnight. Although yesterday does not yield to my will, tomorrow does. I am obligated to inform you that whatever I contain will cast a shadow on tomorrow.
In the event that yesterday contained pain, guilt or shame; I am authorized to direct you to the Creator for a coupon for redemption, good at any minute that I contain. All sin and regret will be immediately reversed upon redemption and I will begin new despite of the time on the clock. Tomorrow is most greatly influenced by redemption as is the future, otherwise known as eternity.
Yesterday is erased by redemption.
Should you have already used your redemption option, it is renewable every second. Forgiveness is available to you every new day and each day is best optimized by initiating forgiveness at regular intervals i.e. requesting forgiveness from our Creator as well as offering it to others.
Should you have any further questions, please direct all inquiries to the Father or His Word. Additional training is available at no charge to you at any Bible-based house of worship or through fellowship with Believers.
Should you have any complaints with my performance such as sadness, hopelessness or a generalized feeling of confusion; please proceed immediately to worship of our Creator. Worship is also the preferred response to my arrival and departure for maximum enjoyment of my twenty four hours.
Thank you in advance for allowing me to be your day. You may now rejoice and be glad.


Sincerely,
Today

8 comments:

Margie said...

thank you. you're the best. always there when I need you.

Tonya said...

Very nice Sara, Thank You.

Pat said...

When did you become so wise? That is awesome. I love that the redemption option is renewable every second! If cars were people, you could write ads for them!! Loved it!

Margie said...

There are two days we should not worry about.
Yesterday with its mistakes nad heartaches, they are gone forever.
Tomorrow is the other day. it has problems and possibilities, but until the sun rises, it is unborn and unreal.
Today is the only day left.
Anyone can fight a battle for one day.
Only when we add the burdens of those other two days are we likely to fail.

You rock Sara.

MSU gal said...

carpe diem!

tina fabulous said...

who can i speak to about the day after tomorrow?

KayMac said...

in case you haven't heard, there is this Christian Women's blog and I think a post like you posted today would be great on that blog. you should look into it!

Deb said...

now THAT was good!!!