Monday, July 17, 2006

Let Us Pray


There are few aspects of life as sweet as knowing that the people of God are praying for you. I can’t remember a time in my life when there weren’t Christ-followers surrounding me with prayer. How blessed I am.
There are many ways that prayer manifests itself. Simple talking to God prayer. Worshiping Him because you realize for just a moment who He really is prayer. Praise that springs out of a spirit that understands its purpose prayer. Exposing a broken heart with just a mustard seed of hope that it might be mended prayer. Desperate cries to be bailed out of a self-inflicted nightmare prayer. Surrendering a decision prayer. Giving up a burden prayer. Asking for salvation prayer. Receiving daily forgiveness prayer.
The prayers for others add a whole different spectrum.
Can you even list the ways we can pray for each other? Healing, salvation, guidance, comfort, wisdom, peace, prosperity, success, favor....
Daboyz, since they were born, have been immersed in prayer. It has been their greatest blessing just like it has been mine. As they have grown older they have come to realize what a resource in their lives prayer is. In fact, they are down right addicted to being prayed for. They even have a top ten list of the people to be alerted immediately in the case of prayer requests. Only it isn’t limited to ten.
As a parent, prayer has been my greatest strength. And it as also been the root of all of my other strengths as well as the safety net for my weaknesses. I remember several years ago when one of daboyz was about to face something stressful. My final word to him as he walked out the door was, “I’ll be praying for you all day.”
Even after all these years the results took my breath away. Not the result of my prayers; the result of that statement.
My son’s face relaxed, he smiled a genuinely peaceful smile and off he went. “Thanks Mom.”
He understood the blessing of prayer.
I want never to forget, even for a moment, that prayer is the lifeline that tethers me to God.
I have no pride when it comes to asking for prayer for myself or my loved ones. I’ll call, e mail and post a blog about what I need from God.
I also consider it a great honor when someone else shares their needs so I can take them to the Throne as well.
I have decided that every day I will take a moment as I’m doing my daily blog-hopping to pray for each blogger and for any needs I know they are facing. It’ll just be a matter of seconds but I think it’s a great way to remember all of my blog family every day. Because we all need our lives touched by God every day.
So if you have a need, please feel free to post it or send it to me via e mail. Or you can even comment that old church standard...”Unspoken request.” That means someone needs something from God that’s private. But God knows about it.
In a too-fast life, let’s not let old-fashioned prayer slip away.
Get addicted to being prayed for.
Will you agree with me to pause and pray for us all?
Ephesians 3:16-21
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

8 comments:

Pat said...

I do and I will. I can't imagine life without prayer...mine and the prayers of others.

Margie said...

amen sister.

tina fabulous said...

its a great feeling to know that you have people in your life who you can ask to pray for you and you know they will do it like, immediately.

MSU gal said...

I do not have the strength I need for some major issues, so if you would...please!

tina fabulous said...

and now i have that steven curtis chapman song STUCK in my head

KayMac said...

Great post...great idea to pray for each blogger. Think I will follow your lead on that!

Sara said...

all you bloggers done been prayed fer, with a double dose for msu per her request.

Tonya said...

Thanks Sara for the Prayer...Prayer is such an awesome thing....