Monday, November 27, 2006

One Day At A Time


By no means am I a prolific writer. But I do have a particular method by which I write. Generally I make notes of my thoughts and feelings; whatever's rattling around in my heart. When I have the time; I sit down at my computer and write essays about those ideas. Said essays become my posts. I write anywhere from five to fifteen at a time; save them and then post them when I feel God nudging me. Some never show up and more than once I've gone back and deleted something I realized in hindsight was all me and no HIM.
I'm not saying that every day there is something comparable to Daily Bread here. You know full well it's just as much foolishness as anything else. I'm just explaining the way I work. And in fact, I'm curious. How do you write?
Well, this time of year there is a definate shift in the gears of my spirit. I'm a winter and holiday lover. Being that this is the first week following Thanksgiving; this traditionalist is proclaiming the Holiday Season of 2006 official. And with it the expected ruminations in my own spirit and daily re-examination of my life and my blessings.
This time of year; it all comes into sharper focus for me. My redemption. The Gift we prepare to celebrate. I'm a sentimental fool for the next four weeks.
So in honor of this; I'm going to manage this blog a little differently too. I'm going to write daily about whatever's on this holiday-leaning heart. It might be deep and insightful but it's likely to be silly and celebratory. Because that is what I am this time of year. Deep-thinking and out-loud-laughing. Pausing to reflect and rushing to shop. Focusing on the real meaning and panicked about the perfect Christmas outfit.
I'll likely post in the evenings this month because I won't have the daily post already written and saved. It's off the cuff. It's an opportunity for me to take a look in black and white where my heart is and to share with you the only gift we ever really gift each other...the self.
So open me up if you like. No refunds if I don't fit. No guarantees I'll be what you hoped for.
But I promise, if you'll come along; we'll have a lot to celebrate.
Happy holidays.

Love & Grace,
Sara

Psalm 42:8
By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Looking forward to
Sara ~ unplugged~

Margie said...

I'll be along for the ride, sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation

KayMac said...

what your mom said!

Anonymous said...

Will the real Sara please stand up! Imagine a method writer ... anything like method acting? I'm a "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants" type of writer ... can't you tell?