Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thank You


A while ago I wrote a post about energy; and my lack of it. I said I was going to ask God to give me more strength and stamina. Lots of you guys prayed along with me. I did ask God to grant this request in my life. I didn’t do a full-on fasting, on my face kind of thing. I just talked to God about it. I went on with my life just trying to be aware that when that weariness settled on me; to fight it by asking to be made stronger by Christ. This opposed to my past response of being frustrated and just trying to gut through the tiredness. A small change? Yes and no.
The reason I’m back on this issue today is that a few days ago I realized I wasn’t as tired as usual. I’m not exactly talking about a hummingbird metabolism or anything, just a slightly less worn-outness than I’ve grown accustomed to. I kind of noticed without noticing that I didn’t look as tired at the end of the day as usual. I noticed that I’m more likely to do a little more like making dinner at home instead of ordering out. I noticed my house isn’t as trashed as usual, I’m doing a little better at staying on top of things.
The difference isn’t what you might put in the miracle category. Nothing to write to a televangelist about or anything. Just a very slight change, a gentle shift in the direction I was asking for. So subtle that I almost didn’t notice it.
I still go to bed very early but when the alarm goes off; I’m ready to get up. I don’t have that inner feeling of not being able to keep up with my life; which is going a long way toward evening out my emotions.
I doubt my family even notices any difference but I can see it. I don’t know if this is it or if I’ll continue to get stronger.
The thing is; I have this tendency to ask God to do something for me. The small stuff, the daily stuff I want him to bless. But shame on me, I think he does an awful lot that I just take in stride and don’t stop to acknowledge that it was HIM. Really, isn’t it all HIM?
Today, I need to say something to him. Maybe you need to say the same thing?

Dear Gracious Father,
I asked you to increase my strength and you have granted my request. I thank you. I give you all honor and glory due you for your merciful touch to my body. I give you this extra measure of energy and ask you to guide my days that my actions would please you. Let me use my time and my strength in your service. I am sorry, God, for the answered prayers that I didn’t acknowledge. I know that in you I live and move and having my being. You are so constant that I take you for granted. Please forgive me. I give this life and this body to you. I ask you for continued health and strength. I ask that you would form me into the likeness of your son and guide me in your ways. This life is yours God. Don’t let me forget that. I love you. Thank you. Amen.


Psalm 18:32
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

4 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

It really is all Him...

Margie said...

I wish I was better at saying thank you to God too.

Pat said...

Thank YOU.

Becky said...

amen java nut!
ya know... it's alway a wonderful day when we can SEE God doing His thing...
love you!
btw-i'm going to the doc on friday-the eating thing-is worse than usual, and i can feel it. hoping for best, maybe it all stayed the same and i can get back on track!
lots of love for you!
need coffee-oh yes i did just say that!hahahahaha