Tuesday, September 01, 2009

One Of Those Days


This day has come to an end just in time. Wasn't the worst day ever, just a day that is bid a fond farewell and not a moment too soon. One of those just frustrating enough days that my head hurts and I find myself short-tempered because of aggravations that happened at work. But I'm not at work anymore. So I think it's time to take an extremely long, hot shower, open a window and turn on my electric blanket. Time to put my heart and mind right with quietness and with no more talking or thinking about the frustrations that need to become so distant that they no longer have weight.
It's time to say I did my work and now good night to things that would very much like to hold my attention like a tantrum-throwing child.
No, not a terrible tragic kind of a day. Just a frustrating needs to be over kind of a day. Every day surely cannot be built of relaxation and pleasure. Some days are built of headaches and tight shoulders and probably a few extra creases that just became a permanent aspect of my complexion. I suppose that's how I have learned to recognize the great ones, by comparing these not so great ones.
With two healthy children and a husband who loves me; a home that cradles me and a God who renews me; it is just a day that, like all the ones before it, is meant to end.
It's just that some days when the end comes we sigh with regret. And some days we sigh with relief.
Just one of those days.

Small grace: Perspective

3 comments:

Pat said...

It's all about perspective, isn't it?

Mrs. Mac said...

Day is done! Gone the Sun. Amen!

Jada's Gigi said...

Nice you had Monday, huh? :)