Monday, December 20, 2010

Planning a Party

It's the last week before Christmas! Does anyone else start going into holiday mode right around now? In other words, everything except Christmas is just a silly distraction? I am all about visions of sugar plums and what not!
I have shopped and wrapped. I have cookie-baked. My house is sparkly (mostly thanks to the Mr.!) Now it's just waiting & anticipating the celebration of God with us.
This weekend it was cookie central around here, mostly to take to work. Oatmeal scotchies, oatmeal raisin, Tollhouse, cocoa crackles, sugar cookies, pumpkin craisin and the ill-fated orange chocolate drop (picture below.) For those of you fortunate enough not to be on Facebook, let me warn you that my experimental cookie went slightly PG-13. The Mr. loves those chocolate oranges that are out around this time of year. Well, I got fancy and made a basic cookie with fresh grated orange peel and orange juice and then I placed a large chocolate candy in the center. And they look like...well they look like a breast.
Moving on, I also made pumpkin bread which looks like pumpkin bread.
Enjoy the countdown to the Savior's birth and if you start to feel a little overwhelmed, remember whose party we are really planning!

No comments: