Friday, December 10, 2010

Time Is On My Side

Good grief am I tired! Home for the weekend and finished with my 7 day stretch. Yes, I have housework waiting. Yes, there is laundry to be done. Yes, the dishwasher needs to be unloaded. Yes, I need to get groceries and Christmas gifts and shampoo.
But as of this moment, I have put new spiced grapefruit discs in my Scentsy warmers (let me tell you this place is smelling dee-lishis!) and I'm going to change out of these scrubs into some flannel Santa p.j.s next (yes I realize it is 4:30 in the afternoon.) I'm going to put my work bag and shoes away and turn on the Christmas lights. Then I'm going to lay on the couch.
I'm not promising I will accomplish much more than that this evening. So please don't drop in or you will be treated to a visit with me remaining horizontal in a good-smelling but untidy house. And frankly, I'm not open for business!
Finally, since I know you come here for advice HA!, here's today's words of wisdom. It is only in the last year that I have found within myself the knowledge that there is enough time. I used to always feel it slipping away too quickly. Getting older you'd think that perception would speed up but in fact time is slowing down for me. I have time to waste in fact. What's more, laying on the couch in Santa pajamas at 4:30 p.m. isn't even wasting time any longer. That person, whoever she was, who walked continuously behind me pushing pushing pushing me to do the next thing on the list seems to have found a new hobby.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Christmas tree to stare at and a house to sniff.
G'night.

No comments: