Monday, December 07, 2009

Ba-dum-bum-bum


Happy to say I'm going to work today! I'm feeling almost back to normal except for this horrific sinus headache that nothing is touching. Dayquil, Benadryl, Tylenol, Motrin and any combination therein only helps enough to let me fall asleep at night. Not to mention that enough of this junk starts to upset my stomach. Even my teeth hurt!
The Mr.'s folks seem to be settling in finally. His dad goes back to the doctor on Friday. Dean no longer feels that he has to go to their apartment every single day. He checks in by phone daily and stops in a few times to week and they are doing well.
This weekend was spent mostly at home for me. Still not feeling entirely well so I didn't want to push myself and end up with another sick week. I put some finishing touches on my Christmas decorations (although is it ever really finished?) We hung a few things on the walls that have needed a little something. I remember a while ago Miss Terry took us on a photo tour of her wall hangings, those personal touches really do make a house a home. I hung a wreath over our bed and put our freshly laundered red comforter (thank you Mom) back on. I usually don't use a dust ruffle but this weekend we flipped the mattress and added a green dust ruffle to match our pistachio green walls. I like it! We also picked up a $7 throw pillow from Garden Ridge in red, green and gold with an old fashioned reindeer on it. I've always thought the house in Home Alone was fabulous and I've convinced myself that the master bedroom had some subtle Christmas decorations. Maybe I made the whole thing up.
I dragged myself to the hair dresser Friday evening but haven't done my hair since trying to hold off the first washing to protect the new color but this morning I'm looking rather like a blond Heat Miser so it's a good thing that a shower is first on this morning's list!
What else can I tell you? I made peasant soup yesterday as well as corned beef slow cooked with red skins, carrots and onions. Yum! Nothing like Christmas decorations and a house filled with good oven scents to usher in the holiday spirit!
Well, that's it for me. Time to hop in the shower and tame this hair (which is literally standing straight up from me running my hands through it massaging my aching head.) Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things at work. On Friday I am venturing out to finish my Christmas shopping. In the meantime, I've entered that season of being very intentional in enjoying the sights, smells and sounds of Christmas and allowing this most sacred time to sweeten my spirit and to rediscover the child's heart of celebration.
Love & joy unto you!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm a new member of The Traveling Scarf Sisters. I really enjoyed visiting your blog! I hope your sinus thing gets better. That's no fun at all.