Monday, December 28, 2009

Impromptu Romantic Get-Aways

Good Monday to you. I am not at my computer at the moment but thought I'd drop a note in the mail, so to speak. I set my blog to publish today. Aren't I clever?

The Mr. and I have said over and over that we need a little stash for those impromptu moments when we want to have a romantic get-away but of course, never have the money. And romantic get-aways don't come cheap. So in the Mr.'s stocking this year was a card with said stash for future impromptu romantic get-away. We'll save it for one of those Calgon-me-away days. Won't it be wonderful, say, on a snowy day in February to reach into our little stash and run away for the night?

This morning I woke up to hear the Mr. on the phone making hotel reservations for Sunday, December 27. I guess we were more in need of an impromptu get-away than I realized. And this, my friends, is why we never have a secret stash!

So off to a jacuzzi suite complete with fireplace we'll be hidden away from the world, though only few a few hours. Maybe if you're lucky I'll take a picture of the Mr. in the jacuzzi with my new Christmas camera!

And when we come home, back to saving up a little stash...



Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.

~Amanda Cross



1 comment:

Mrs. Mac said...

LOL ... Was the Mr. over anxious ;)?

Start saving some more romance $ .. somehow 'romance money' sounds more romantic than our 'don't do squat' envelope fund ;)