Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Midmorning Hello & Prefabricated Meatstuffs


Had the annual Band Christmas bash last night. Served a meal that I was not impressed with. Prepared meatballs, prepared mashed taters. Don't love that, would have much preferred actually making a nice meal especially since I wasn't working and had the time. But the Mr. prevailed as he actually likes the Gordon's meatballs (not Ikea but a similiar concept), which I am sure are made of salt and sawdust. I did steam green beans and then toss with olive oil, sliced almonds and garlic; a slight redemption of a shameful presentation!
Despite the synthetic entree, a fine time was had by all. We exchanged gifts and I received a lovely t-shirt made by Chad with a pic of the Mr. in a hot tub bubble bath taken last weekend during the romantic get-away (yes, I took a pic and sent it to Chad.) Played a board game which lasted approximately 3 months. By the end I was attempting to text the answers to the other team just to end it. Of course, we ate too much...appetizers, sawdust balls, desserts (and more desserts!) and naturally the Mr.'s holiday punch.
I took a bunch of pictures with my new camera which I am determined to make good use of. I'll post these when I transfer them to the computer. Presently using the laptop in the family room because Mac is sleeping in the spare room/office. I remain in my robe drinking cinnamon holiday coffee; Donny & the Mr. awoke for half and hour and each fell promptly asleep on a couch.
Tonight we're going to see "Walking With The Dinosaurs." Hope we can get moving in time to make the show at 7:00 this evening!

3 comments:

Pat said...

Oh my gosh..that picture is so funny - and true!!!

Jada's Gigi said...

Before my hubby got sick he actually liked several of the pre-fab type meals...yuck! Sounds like you had a blast anyway. :)

Mrs. Mac said...

go watch the movie 'Food Inc' and you will never want to eat fake or mass produced food again ... it's a good diet strategy film. So do you have a sawdust hangover?;)