Thursday, October 18, 2007

What, Me Worry?


Me: God! What do I do? What do I do?

God: Chill, I got this.

Me: Kay.

I had about ten minutes today of thinking too hard about something unpleasant. During that time I came up with absolutely no ideas. This is new to me. Usually in that amount of time I could've come up with at least twenty very stupid ideas that seem brilliant in the moment. I would then proceed to enact at least two of them in some impulsive manner. Afterward I devote many days to worrying about my reaction to the things that worry. Today, however, my mind was a vast wasteland. Not a thought or idea in there.
And then ya know what? The worry and the wonder went away too.
All in all, progress!

Luke 12:25-27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

3 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Yes, indeed, progress! I'd say maybe now that your mind is catching up to your body ... no more thinking and reacting like an 18 year old ... but you're maturing in the Lord ... becoming sage(wise). Thyme will tell ;)

Louise said...

I read this gem years ago:

Worry is like a rocking chair,
it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere.

I was a bonefide, certified, qualified worrier in my younger years and the above quote proved quite true. Now that I'm a tad older I do my best not to let worry take hold.

Margie said...

Louise!! i love that saying, I think I am going to steal it, and say I invented it :)