Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Brusha, Brusha, Brusha

The Mr. was getting out of the shower after work when he yelled, "Whose toothbrush is this in the shower?"
"Not mine." says I. I was the only other person at home at the time so there was no one else to answer, leaving me to think this was a silly exercise. But anyway.
"Why is my toothbrush in the shower?"
"I assume one of the boys used it."
"Why would one of the boys use my toothbrush?"
"They pretty much just grab whatever one they see first and use it."
"You gotta be kidding me. What's wrong with those two? I refuse to brush my teeth now until I get a new toothbrush. What color is your toothbrush?"
"Green & blue."
"OK. I'm using yours and then I'm going to buy a new one. "
Jay comes home and is identified as the toothbrush bandit. This causes him a few moments of hearty laughter.
The Mr. remains grossed out, although he wanted me to know that using my toothbrush is not gross. I guess daboyz are the gross ones.
Like that's some big revelation.
Psalm 35:16
Like the ungodly they maliciously mocked ; they gnashed their teeth at me.

4 comments:

Pat said...

It's the old "whose germs are germy" problem. My families are not - other's most definitely! I'm always amazed at couples who won't share a fork but are still intimate with each other...I don't get it.
Jay, you are just plain bad.

Amber Land said...

I don't blame him, I wouldn't use it either. I think he should find a good hiding spot.

tina fabulous said...

probably because of all the dental propaganda they showed us in school depicting toothbrush sharing as the highest level of grossness known to man. mine was a snoopy cartoon, which i remember quite vividly.

Margie said...

that is quite disgusting... We don't share toothbrushes in our house unless there is peroxide poured over before and after the other person uses it.