Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Followed By Love

This has been a very busy and stressful week so far at work so I've not much to say today other than I am going to bed any second now.
The main thing on my mind is our marriage lifegroup which starts on Wednesday, 4/25 and Friday, 4/27 (we'll be leading two groups for a while). We'll run every other week for five weeks or so. Please pray for Dean & I as well as all the couples involved in this time as we turn our relationships toward heaven. Marriage isn't easy. It isn't automatic passion and understanding for a lifetime. It has to be intentional and purposeful to last.
I'm so grateful for my husband who has been the love of my life for twenty five years. Our marriage was restored on April 25, 1992. We're approaching our fifteenth anniversary of being healed next Wednesday. As far as I'm concerned, that's more worthy of celebration than my fortieth birthday which happens on the same day. My twenty fifth birthday gift will never be surpassed.
Someday in heaven, I'll know the names of all the people who took part in our restoration by their prayers, fasting, support, love and good counsel. In the meantime, I remain in your debt even if I never knew your part. Thank you.
So I'm gonna haul my tired self into my pajamas, read for a bit and then snuggle with that Mr. of mine until I fall asleep.
If you're married, getting married, been married or hope to be married...consider yourself and your spouse prayed for today.
It ain't easy. But it's worth it.
May I never fall asleep ungrateful that I am loved.
Psalm 23:6
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

6 comments:

Deb said...

...praying that you'll both the have energy to lead two groups --and that people see Jesus in you!

tina fabulous said...

its a birthiversary! way to double up.

Pat said...

I see lots of Kleenex and nose blowing around April 25th.
That really is a day of new birth celebration for your home. God is so faithful and to be praised!

Jada's Gigi said...

What an awesome testimony! Thank God for His restoration...I think every single marriage needs it at some point, if only they are fortunate enough to see before its too late...so many never find it. He is a God who makes a way where there is no way...and I speak from experience...there is no restoration day marked on our calendars but we have been restored nevertheless...probably several times...Thank you, Lord...
May God guide in the groups you will be sharing with...

KayMac said...

Agree, awesome testimony and time for celebration!

Tonya said...

I look so forward to our lifegroup! I know that this is going to be an awesome time together.