Sunday, April 22, 2007

From Beyond...

Mac put his phone on the ground at Fuel to run a foot race or pole vault or something and some kid stepped on it damaging the screen. So instead of getting a new one, of course he just decided to trade me phones. So we had the numbers switched but my phone book and his phone book are kind of melded into one giant master phone book so the call I.D. on my phone now reflects his entries.
My cell phone was ringing in my purse and by the time the Mr. grabbed it, it had gone to voice mail. So this is what he says to me,
"Sar', your phone was ringing!"
Me, "Check the ID; who was it?"
Dean, "Your grandpa."
Me, "What? I'm not answering that!"

You see, my grandfathers are both deceased. I figure nothing good can come of getting in touch with them now.
As you have likely figured out, Mac has my dad under "Grandpa" on his/my phone.

Talk about long distance!

In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. Psalms

7 comments:

Margie said...

what service do you have, I might have a phone if it's sprint.

Mrs. Mac said...

Well, Margie ... I was going to offer her my old new phone (the new one I misplaced and had to replace that I later found) ... it's a no frills LG from Verizon ...

Pat said...

Somehow that story seems quite normal for your family. Wonder what grandpa had to say?!

tina fabulous said...

thats like the episode of twilight where some kid was talking to his dead grandma on a toy phone.
if Jesus had a cell phone, which carrier do you think he'd use?

KayMac said...

ha!

Jada's Gigi said...

That is too funny!

Y said...

LOL that's too funny, maybe grandpa was calling to wish you "happy 40th"